1/23/09

Oh-Bah-Ma

So it's Friday and I'm at my desk at work and I know I shouldn't be blogging right now but also it's been a hard week and I've done a lot of hard work and at the moment, nothing is urgent, and, and, so it goes.

This has been quite a week with the new president coming to office and all the festivities in D.C. and watching history unfold, that oft-repeated cliche. Closer to home, my homeless friend scared the daylights out of me the other morning when he jumped in front of me (where he jumped from, I have no idea) and yelled out Jack Nicholson-style, "who's your daddy?" When I jumped in return (out of being startled, not a sympathy gesture), he then goes, "just kidding, just kidding," and walked away. Just another day in the neighborhood with the people that you meet each day.

The day after the inauguration, on the crowded 22 bus, we stop at a light and some man runs up to the bus, yells something cheerfully, and runs away. "What he say," asks some girl sitting in the back, turning to her friend. Her friend replied, "He said 'Obama.' Oh-bah-mah! Oh-bah-mah!"

No comments: