3/11/07

Live From Procrasti Nation

It's Sunday, the Sunday-itis is settling in, and that list of things I was supposed to do--not only did I not do everything, but I forgot to even make the list in the first place. Beautiful sunny day but I'm in a rainy day mood. I haunt my apartment, wandering between the bedroom and the couch.

I do wonder how I can be such a slacker to myself, when I am so conscientious at work. The messy apartment. The unpaid bills. It's me who has to live with it.

So. This weekend. A snoozer, personally. I heard on the news there are major fires fueled by the Santa Anas in Orange County. The sun shining through my window here reminds me how little rain we got this winter. This warm weather, if it means the rains are done, means it's going to be a long, dry summer. The hills will turn brown early. Rolling blackouts.

Which is one part of why I want today to be a rainy day. But more, it's about mood. It's about wanting to cuddle into the couch with a good book and not feel like a slouch for doing so. It's about feeling meditative and introspective to the sound of raindrops on the roof. Trying to synchronize with my cat's purrs. Stilling my compulsive ills.

Laundry to do, appointments to make, groceries to buy, etc, etc, etc. Instead, I type. And soon, I'll return to my couch.

No comments: