3/4/07

Hits Your Eye Like a Pizza Pie

Last night was a lunar eclipse, although I wasn't able to see it here. BUT. Didn't matter. It was a warm day and I went to S's rooftop to watch the sky change with sunset colors and to watch the moon rise.

It rose like a rose, sprouting straight out the blushing top of Portrero Hill. A shade somewhere between rose and orange, the moon rose and took off towards the sky lighting little wisps of clouds who prettily pranced across its path. It made me feel most mad and moonly, to quote a little ee cummings.

So, logically, since the moon hit my eye I had to follow with some pizza and call it a true more. Today I made the Zachary's pilgrimage to visit my friend B. We ordered the deep dish and sat talking in delightful anticipation for about a half hour before the gooey globe of goodness landed beside our table. Tomato spinach crustacular heaven made with moon cheese. It's ridiculous how good it is. But I disappointed myself by only being able to eat two slices (normally I can eat three no problem), not only that, but I'm still full now and it's hours later, plus I've walked miles and miles in between.

Berkeley bedazzled in a warm early March day. T-shirt weather. All the wildflowers opening up to say hello to the sun. All the grass and ivy and ferns green from recent rains. Could the rains have ended early this year? Can March maybe maintain this level of most mad marvelous and moonly?

No comments: